Surely, that’s not what that is...

September 9, 2019

I wake up around 4am.  My shorts are wet.  My panties are wet.  What in the heck?  Surely I haven’t wet the bed.  Surely, that’s not what that is...  How embarrassing.  I go get cleaned up and crawl back in bed.  My curiosity again gets the best of me and I take to the deep dark web.  Always such a terrible idea.   I read myself into crazy and decide to text my friend who is an OB and ask her thoughts.  She says it’s most likely urine (I’m mortified) but to keep an eye on it.  If I keep leaking to come in and have it checked.  I go on about my day with no issues until we sit down for dinner.  I can feel the fluid coming out.  I know for sure I am not tee-teeing on myself.  Remember that same dress that I bled all over around 12 weeks?  Well now that dress is wet.   I text my friend whose a doctor and my actual a doctor and they both tell me to come in just to be sure.

I arrive at Labor and Delivery around 8:00.  My doctor comes in soon after I arrive.  I’ve already heard both babies heartbeats.  He does a vaginal exam and tests for amniotic fluid and for an infection.  He tells me based on the exam that there were no pools of fluid so that’s a good sign.  While we are waiting on the test results I have an ultrasound.  Both babies look good and there is ample fluid around both babies.  Thank goodness!

Shortly after, my doctor and the nurse come back with good news.  All test are negative!  It’s not amniotic fluid and it’s not an infection! We don’t know what the fluid is, but the babies look good.  They tell me to notify them if I have any other leaking episodes and home I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at a Time

Imagine This...

New Doctor! Gender Reveal!