New Doctor! Gender Reveal!

Let me first let you in on how many times I’ve tried to figure out what the gender of my babies are...

Before we even transferred our embryos, we had them PGS tested.  As previously mentioned, those tests came back inconclusive.  Had they not, I would’ve had an idea of what genders I would’ve been transferring.

At ten weeks, I had my blood drawn for genetic abnormalities and the genders.  I planned a gender reveal for around eleven weeks as I figured that was when my results would come in.  Well, they came in, but guess what?! Inconclusive. They cannot perform the test on those that have a vanishing twin/triplet. Ugh.  They tell us we won’t know the genders until around 16 weeks during an ultrasound.

Back up to my last ultrasound at my previous doctors office at 12 weeks... the ultrasound tells us not go out buying pink and blue outfits but that if should could guess by looking at our ultrasound, it was a boy and a girl!!!  Pretty much the whole time we were out West, when we discussed the babies, we were picking out boy and girl names.  We decide that when I get home, I’ll be 16 weeks so we are going to do a gender ultrasound prior to my doctor’s appointment so we can know for sure.

August 19, 2019
We arrive at Living Images, an elective ultrasound studio to discover the gender of our twins.  I haven’t seen the babies in a while, so I am ready!  Much to Brendan’s surprise and definitely to mine (although the past couple of days I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn’t a boy and a girl) it’s TWIN BOYS!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GysbwrF_KFtJsbWykyB7W66O7-CWVktN
Later that afternoon, it’s my first appointment at my new doctor’s office.  New building, new nurses, same pregnancy.  I guess it’s worth noting here that at all of my previous appointments “Baby B” was always measuring on time and “Baby A” was always measuring about a week ahead.  They check both babies and say they both look good and they also check my cervical length as I learned this was a standard procedure with twins. I meet with my new doctor and he tells me that the babies look great, but there are a few new concerns.  The original blood clot is still there, it hasn’t gotten better or worse, but it is still there.  Plus, there is a new blood clot. PLUS, you have complete previa.  Oh, and that new blood clot, its sitting right underneath your placenta so expect some bleeding.  I’m put on even stricter bed rest.  I was expecting, well hoping to go into this appointment to get OFF of bed rest and be able to start moving around like I was used to.  Oh well, what’s a couple of more weeks?  I had previa with Mabel and it resolved so I’m hoping it does the same.  Even with all the bad news, I’m convinced I’ve chosen the right doctor and am very happy with my decision!  We’re told I’ll see him every two weeks to check on the babies and to keep track of my cervical length.  Fine with me!  For now, let’s focus on the fact that I have two healthy twin boys and a gender reveal party to get to!!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yCqTWAtyWkr2ocY1a-Yrt5SWFCTx4QMyhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qCO14K5rD06dZVup5aQyT_WtfvaNj8u4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at a Time

Imagine This...