A Bahamian Scare

Not long after my first positive pregnancy test in the Bahamas, we come home from dinner with all of our friends to what I would classify as “Vacation Ruiner”.  I am bleeding.  It’s not a ton, but it’s enough to scare me to death.  I was angry, mad, scared and overwhelmed.  I knew that there was not anything anyone could do for someone at 4-5 weeks pregnant.  I just especially knew there was absolutely nothing I or anyone could do for me on a tiny island in the rural Bahamas.  Luckily for me, I had some of my closest friends with me and they comforted me for the rest our vacation. I only had the one bleed and fortunately was able to speak to my nurse back home and she assured me as long as it wasn’t persistent that it could be perfectly normal.

The Bahamas is one of my favorite places in the world. It’s almost impossible not to have fun and relax there.  This was the first time, even after a month of bad weather there the previous year, that I could remember being ready to leave.  I felt guilty about it, but I couldn’t shake the feeling.  It had nothing to do with our company or my favorite place, it was all about my anxiety of getting back home to my doctors.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kUsDgT1az-rH0xc3Ash6D5uTyzVBm09vhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1G8PkipcjNVtQom__wcDu7ehE9qwpkLKD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at a Time

Imagine This...

New Doctor! Gender Reveal!