Imagine This...

We’ve finally come to terms with the clot.  I’m upset that I’m on bed rest.  Like, depressed.  I am an active person.  I need to be moving.  We were going Out West to hike, to be active, to be outside, to spend our last vacation as family of three together doing whatever we want.  I wanted this vacation to spend with my daughter, taking her all over the mountains and running and chasing her and just immersing myself with her.  I needed the vacation with my husband.  Things have been a little tumultuous at home with me being a bit crazy about my pregnancy and work and everything else life was throwing at us.  The last thing I wanted was to be upset before we left.  Problem was, I was upset and I felt so guilty.  I kept telling myself to be happy!  You’re pregnant!  With TWO babies.  Take it easy for them.  You’re doing this for them.  I was so happy about that, it was the rest that was getting to me.  I knew I needed to do my best to swallow my pride and let this vacation be everything it could.

September 28, 2019

Our flight was at 7:20am.  Our airport is 30 minutes away.  I’m a little neurotic about being late to the airport so we are en route to the airport around 5:30am.....  I’m doing a little browsing on Facebook on our way and come across the most profound news I’ve read on Facebook in a long time.  My doctor is leaving her practice.  I’m reading this one hour after its posting at 5:30am... hours before I get on a cross country flight.  I pretty much went on an emotional roller coaster ride for the rest of my morning.  I completely understood why my doctor was leaving.  I just couldn’t wrap my head around her not being my doctor anymore.  I love Dr. Hood!  She tells me like it is.  She means business.  I TRUST her.  This pregnancy wasn’t standard like my pregnancy with my daughter.  This was twins, with a blood clot.  She was going to see me once a week.  Who knows what another doctor would say!  Needless to say, I texted her in a not so mild panic and she assured me I’d be well taken care of. She knew I was familiar with 3 of the other OB’s in her practice and she said she would recommend them all with flying colors.  I was still panicking, but there was nothing I could do.  I was headed across the country and I better figure out a way to enjoy myself!

We had an amazing time out West.  It was beautiful. We got out of the Florida heat and spent so much time outside in the mountains.  It was a good vacation.  While we were gone I switched doctor’s and made an appointment for as soon as I returned home.

I loved being our little family of 3 while we were there :)
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16kOIyA-p-gQf2Z8LcoYEpSlW4qyPqYnjhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ktaoyrugAFJMcW8fnR23mwHCzynyici7https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1fomp8YZ5xMKM7Q8E0vVpnBlZvODvXvM3https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eK7m2qP7a1sHWIr3PuBlHxWYEZjjnAl1https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mVvRedix09hEO-zl9LPV4AjFn6Q4RaFR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at a Time

New Doctor! Gender Reveal!